|dc.description.references||1. Alpaydin, E. “GAL: networks that grow when they learn and shrink when they forget”, TR 91-032, Int.Computer Sci. Inst., Berkeley, CA (1991).
2. Amari, S. and Kasabov, N. eds, Brain-like computing and intelligent information systems, Springer Verlag (1997).
3. Andrews, R., J. Diederich, A.B.Tickle, "A Survey and Critique of Techniques for Extracting Rules from Trained Artificial Neural Networks", Knowledge-Based Systems, 8, 373–389 (1995).
4. Arbib, M (ed.) The Handbook of Brain Theory and Neural Networks, The MIT Press (1995)
5. Berenji, H., Khedkar, P. “Learning and tuning fuzzy logic controllers through. IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks, 3, 724–740 (1992)
6. Carpenter, G. and Grossberg, S., Pattern recognition by self-organizing neural networks , The MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts (1991)
7. Carpenter, G.A., Grossberg, S., Markuzon, N., Reynolds, J.H., Rosen, D.B., FuzzyARTMAP: A neural network architecture for incremental supervised learning of analog multi-dimensional maps, IEEE Transactions of Neural Networks , vol.3, No.5, 698–713, (1991)
8. DeGaris, H. , Circuits of Production Rule - GenNets – The genetic programming of nervous systems, in: Albrecht, R., Reeves, C. and N. Steele (eds) Artifical Neural Networks and Genetic Algorithms, Springer Verlag (1993)
9. Duch, W., and Diercksen, G. “Feature Space Mapping as a universal adaptive system”, Computer Physics Communication, 87 (1995) 341–371
10. Edelman, G., Neuronal Darwinism: The theory of neuronal group selection, Basic Books (1992).
11. Encarnacao, L.M., and Gross, M.H. “An adaptive classification scheme to approximate decision boundaries using local Bayes criterias – Melting Octree Networks, Rep.92-047, Int.Computer Sci. Inst., Berkeley, CA (1992).
12. Fahlman, C .,and C. Lebiere, "The Cascade-Correlation Learning Architecture", in: Turetzky, D (ed) Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, vol.2, Morgan Kaufmann, 524–532 (1990).
13. Freeman, J.A.S., Saad, D., On-line learning in radial basis function networks, Neural Computation, vol. 9, No.7 (1997)
14. Fritzke, B. “Vector quantization with growing and splitting elastic net”, in: ICANN’93: Proc. of the Intern.Conf. on artificial neural networks, Amsterdam, (1993)
15. Fritzke, B., A growing neural gas network learns topologies, Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, vol.7 (1995)
16.Golub, T.R., et al. Molecular Classification of Cancer: Class Discovery and Class Prediction by Gene Expression Monitoring, Science 286: 531-7, 1999
17. Goodman, R.M., C.M. Higgins, J.W. Miller, P.Smyth, "Rule-based neural networks for classification and probability estimation", Neural Computation, 14, 781–804 (1992)
18. Hashiyama, T., Furuhashi, T., Uchikawa, Y. “A Decision Making Model Using a Fuzzy Neural Network”, in: Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Fuzzy Logic & Neural Networks, Iizuka, Japan, 1057–1060, (1992).
19.Hassibi and Stork, “Second order derivatives for network pruning: Optimal Brain Surgeon”, in: Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, 4, 164–171, (1992).
20. Heskes, T.M., Kappen, B., “On-line learning processes in artificial neural networks”, in: Math. foundations of neural networks, Elsevier, Amsterdam, 199–233, (1993).
21. Ishikawa, M. "Structural Learning with Forgetting", Neural Networks 9, 501–521, (1996).
22.Jang, R. ANFIS: adaptive network-based fuzzy inference system, IEEE Trans. on Syst.,Man, Cybernetics, 23(3), May/June 1993, 665–685, (1993).
23. Kasabov, N. and M. Watts, “Spatio-temporal evolving fuzzy neural networks and their applications for on-line, adaptive phoneme recognition”, TR 99/03, Department of Information Science, University of Otago, New Zealand
24.Kasabov, N. Foundations of Neural Networks, Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Engineering, The MIT Press, CA, MA(1996).
25. Kasabov, N., "Adaptable connectionist production systems”. Neurocomputing, 13 (2-4) 95–117 (1996).
26. Kasabov, N., "Investigating the adaptation and forgetting in fuzzy neural networks by using the method of training and zeroing", Proceedings of the International Conference on Neural Networks ICNN'96, Plenary, Panel and Special Sessions volume, 118–123 (1996).
27. Kasabov, N., "Learning fuzzy rules and approximate reasoning in fuzzy neural networks and hybrid systems", Fuzzy Sets and Systems 82 (2) 2–20 (1996).
28. Kasabov, N., “ECOS: A framework for evolving connectionist systems and the eco learning paradigm”, Proc. of ICONIP'98, Kitakyushu, Oct. 1998, IOS Press, 1222–1235
29.Kasabov, N., “The ECOS framework and the ECO learning method for evolving connectionist systems, Journal of Advanced Computational Intelligence, 2(6) 195–202 (1998)
30. Kasabov, N. Adaptive learning system and method, Patent Reg.No.503882, New Zealand (2000)
31.Kasabov, N., Evolving Fuzzy Neural Networks—Algorithms, Applications and Biological Motivation, in Proc. of Iizuka'98, Iizuka, Japan, Oct.1998, World Sci., 271– 274 (1998)
32. Kasabov, N., Kim J S, Watts, M., Gray, A., “FuNN/2—A Fuzzy Neural Network Architecture for Adaptive Learning and Knowledge Acquisition”, Information Sciences — Applications, 101(3–4): 155–175 (1997).
33. Kater, S.B., Mattson, N.P., Cohan, C. and Connor, J., “Calcium regulation of the neuronal cone growth”, Trends in Neuroscience, 11, 315–321(1988).
34.Kim, J. and Kasabov, N. “HyFIS: Adaptive hybrid connectionist fuzzy inference systems”, TR 99/05, Department of Information Science, University of Otago, New Zealand
35. Kohonen, T. The Self-Organizing Map. Proceedings of the IEEE, vol.78, N-9, pp.1464–1497, (1990).
36. Kohonen, T.,. Self-Organizing Maps, second edition, Springer Verlag, 1997.
37. Kozma, R. and N.Kasabov, “Rules of chaotic behaviour extracted from the fuzzy neural network FuNN”, Proc. of the WCCI’98 FUZZ-IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, Anchorage, May (1998).
38. Krogh, A. and Hertz, J.A., “A simple weight decay can improve generalisation. Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems”, 4, 951–957, (1992)
39. Le Cun, Y., J.S. Denker and S.A. Solla, “Optimal Brain Damage”, in: D.S. Touretzky, ed., Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, Morgan Kaufmann, 2, 598–605 (1990).
40. Lin, C.T. and C.S. G. Lee, Neuro Fuzzy Systems, Prentice Hall (1996).
41. Miller, D.,J.Zurada and J.H. Lilly, "Pruning via Dynamic Adaptation of the Forgetting Rate in Structural Learning," Proc. IEEE ICNN'96, Vol.1, p.448 (1996).
42. Mitchell, M.T. Machine Learning, MacGraw-Hill (1997)
43. Mitchell, Melanie, An Introduction to Genetic Algorithms, MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts (1996).
44. Mozer. M, and Smolensky, P., “A technique for trimming the fat from a network via relevance assessment”, in: D.Touretzky (ed) Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, vol.2, Morgan Kaufmann, 598–605 (1989).
45.Quartz, S.R., and Sejnowski, T.J., “The neural basis of cognitive development: a constructivist manifesto”, Behavioral and Brain Science, to appear
46. Reed, R., “Pruning algorithms — a survey”, IEEE Trans. Neural Networks, 4 (5) 740–747, (1993).
47. Sankar, A. and R.J. Mammone, “Growing and Pruning Neural Tree Networks”, IEEE Trans. Comput. 42(3), 291–299, (1993).
48. Schiffman, W., Joost, M. and Werner. R., “Application of Genetic Algorithms to the Construction of Topologies for Multilayer Perceptrons”, In: Albrecht, R.F., Reeves, C. R., Steele, N. C. (Eds.), Artificial Neural Nets and Genetic Algorithms, Springer-Verlag Wien, New York (1993)
49. Sun, R. “A connectionist model for commonsense reasoning incorporating rules and similarities”, in: Knowledge Acquisitions, Academic Press, Cambridge (1992)
50. Towel, G., J. Shavlik, J. and M. Noordewier, "Refinement of approximate domain theories by knowledge-based neural networks", Proc. of the 8th National Conf. on Artificial Intelligence AAAI'90, Morgan Kaufmann, 861–866 (1990).
51. Vapnik, V. and Bottou, L. Neural Computation, 5 (1993) 893–909
52.Watts, M., and Kasabov, N. “Genetic algorithms for the design of fuzzy neural networks”, in Proc. of ICONIP'98, Kitakyushu, Oct. 1998, IOS Press, 793–795 (1998)
53. Wang, L.X., "Adaptive fuzzy systems and control, Prentice Hall, 1994
54. Woldrige, M. and Jennings, N., “Intelligent agents: Theory and practice”, The Knowledge Engineering review (10), 1995.
55. Yamakawa, T., H. Kusanagi, E. Uchino and T.Miki, "A new Effective Algorithm for Neo Fuzzy Neuron Model", in: Proceedings of Fifth IFSA World Congress, 1017–1020, (1993)
56. Zadeh, L. Fuzzy Sets, Information, and Control, vol.8, 338–353, (1965).||en_NZ