|dc.description.references||1. L. I. Perlovsky, “Computational Concepts in Classiﬁcation: Neural Networks, Statistical Pattern Recognition, and Model-Based Vision,” Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 81–110, 1994.
2. L. Zadeh, “Fuzzy Sets,” Information and Control, vol. 8, pp. 338–353, 1965.
3. G. M. Foody, “Sharpening Fuzzy Classiﬁcation Output to Reﬁne the Representation of Sub-Pixel Land Cover Distribution,” International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 19, no. 13, pp. 2593–2599, 1998.
4. S. K. Pal and S. Mitra, “Multilayer Perceptron, Fuzzy Sets, and Classiﬁcation,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 683–697, 1992.
5. S. Grossberg, Studies of Mind and Brain. Reidel, Boston: MA, ﬁrst ed., 1982.
6. M. M. Gupta and D. H. Rao, “On the Principles of Fuzzy Neural Networks, Fuzzy Sets and Systems,” International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 1–18, 1994.
7. R. Jang, “ANFIS: Adaptive Network-Based Fuzzy Inference System,” IEEE Trans. on Syst., Man, Cybernetics, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 665–685, 1993.
8. N. Kasabov, Foundations of Neural Networks, Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Engineering. MIT Press, Cambridge: MA, ﬁrst ed., 1996.
9. N. Kasabov, “Learning fuzzy rules and approximate reasoning in fuzzy neural networks and hybrid systems,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 2–20, 1996.
10. N. Kasabov, J. S. Kim, M. Watts, and A. Gray, “FuNN/2- A Fuzzy Neural Network Architecture for Adaptive Learning and Knowledge Acquisition,” Information Sciences - Applications, vol. 101, no. 3-4, pp. 155–175, 1996.
11. N. Kasabov, “ECOS: A Framework For Evolving Connectionist Systems And The Eco Learning Paradigm,” in Proc. of ICONIP’98, pp. 1232–1236, 1998.
12. N. Kasabov, Evolving Connectionist And Fuzzy Connectionist System For OnLine Decision Making And Control, in: Soft Computing in Engineering Design and Manufacturing. Springer-Verlag, ﬁrst ed., 1999.
13. N. Kasabov, Evolving Connectionist and Fuzzy-Connectionist Systems: Theory and Applications for Adaptive, On-line Intelligent Systems, vol. Neuro-fuzzy Tools and Techniques for Intelligent Systems, N. Kasabov and R. Kozma (eds). Springer-Verlag, ﬁrst ed., 1999.
14. N. Kasabov, “Evolving Fuzzy Neural Networks - Algorithms, Applications and Biological Motivation,” in Proc. of Iizuka’98, Iizuka, Japan, pp. 271–274, 1998.
15. B. Jose, B. P. Singh, S. Venkataraman, and R. Krishnan, “Vector Based Image Matching for Indexing in Case Based Reasoning Systems,” in 4th German Workshop on Case-based Reasoning-System Development and Evaluation, pp. 1–7, 1996.
16. T. Kohonen, “An Introduction to Neural Computing,” Neural Networks, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 3–16, 1988.
17. S. Amari and N. Kasabov, Brain-like computing and intelligent information systems. Springer Verlag, ﬁrst ed., 1997.
18. G. Carpenter and S. Grossberg, Pattern Recognition By Self Organizing Neural Networks. MIT Press, Cambridge: MA, ﬁrst ed., 1991.
19. T. Kohonen, “The Self-Organizing Map,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 78, no. 9, pp. 1464–1497, 1990.
20. T. Kohonen, Self-Organizing Maps. Springer-Verlag, second ed., 1997.
21. A. Hojjatoleslami, L. Sardo, and J. Kittler, “An RBF Based Classiﬁer for the Detection of Microcalciﬁcations in Mammograms with Outlier Rejection Capability,” in Proceedings of the 1997 International Conference in Neural Networks (ICNN’97), pp. 1379–1384, 1997.
22. L. Shen and H. Fu, “Principal Component based BDNN for Face Recognition,” in Proceedings of the 1997 International Conference in Neural Networks (ICNN ‘97, pp. 1368–1372, 1997.
23. J. Z. Wang, G. Wiederhold, O. Firschein, and S. X. Wei, “Applying Wavelets in Image Database Retrieval,” technical report, Stanford University, November 1996.
24. J. Z. Wang, G. Wiederhold, O. Firschein, and S. X. Wei, “Wavelet-Based Image Indexing Techniques with Partial Sketch Retrieval Capability,” in Proceedings of the Fourth Forum on Research and Technology Advances in Digital Libraries (ADL’97), pp. 1–9, IEEE Press, May 1997.||en_NZ